Today's Devotional, December 02

Be Anxious For Nothing

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6–7

When faced with a challenge or crisis, our tendency is to get all anxious about it. But God does not want us to react this way. He does not want us to be anxious about anything. Instead, whatever the problem is, He wants us to go to Him in prayer and supplication, telling Him what we need and thanking Him for the answer. When we do that, His peace, which surpasses all understanding, will guard our hearts and minds from all worries, anxieties and fears.

“Pastor Prince, it is easy for you to say, ‘Be anxious for nothing.’ Try living with my husband for one day. Try disciplining that wayward teenager of mine. Look at the balance in my bank account! How can I not be anxious?”

Hold it! I am not the one who said, “Be anxious for nothing.” The apostle Paul said it. Yet, it was not him — he was prompted by the Holy Spirit. And when Paul wrote that, he was a prisoner under house arrest in Rome. He had been sent to Rome because he had appealed to Caesar regarding his death sentence. The Jews in Jerusalem wanted him to be put to death. (Acts 28:16–20)

Yet, under those trying conditions, he wrote these words: “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”

My friend, if you are anxious or worried about something, remember those words. Let’s say that you are anxious about a huge debt. Go to the Lord and pray, “Lord Jesus, I no longer want to be anxious about this problem. I hand it over to You and ask for supernatural cancellation of this debt. It is in Your care now. You are in charge. I thank You for taking care of it.”

God is true to His Word. As you pray this prayer and cast your care to Him, you will find His peace setting your heart and mind at rest. So be anxious for nothing — let the One with whom nothing is impossible take care of it for you!

Thought For The Day
Cast your cares to God in prayer, and find His peace setting your heart and mind at rest.

[geocontent locationtype="Country" location="US, CA" reverse="flipit"]
Blessed by this post? Learn more from this recommended message:

Don’t Fight—Feed!

[/geocontent]

[geocontent locationtype="Country" location="US, CA"]

[/geocontent]

1. Victor Suppiah says:

Amen, JESUS CHRIST will solve the problem Amen!!!

2. Kelvin says:

I put everything to God to take care of it,for jesus loves us and said, it is finished

3. Jennifer says:

Just what I needed. Thank you, Brother Prince!

4. Lucy Atim says:

Amen and Amen

5. Carol Collier says:

Thank You !!! For this WORD could not have come at a better time !!! Because the CARES that i have, need and have to have The SUPERNATURAL INTERVENTION OF THE TRUE AND LIVING GOD!! So NOW i cast my cares on HIM…BEING ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING !!! THANK YOU PASTOR PRINCE :-)

6. Brown Dianabasi Etim says:

God bless u Joseph Prince.

7. Dannii says:

Such a great post and so encouraging!
    Thankyou, god bless!

8. God is true to His Word……

9. lexmore Deon Muzeya says:

Thank you for the encouragement.i believe God can take care of my problems.Pray for me to believe and trust in every situation.

10. twaambo k says:

thnk u pstr 4 those encourgng wrds may God cntinu 2 use u as a vessel. God lvs so much dat he does nt wnt me 2 b burdnd by worry glory 2 God

11. i am really blessed by this devotional guide, be anxious for nothing, i got the peace of God now. thanks God for your free messages online, i downloaded Praying in the Holy Ghost, i was really blesssed. May God continue to increase you on a daily basis , Amen

Micheal From Abuja ,Nigeria

12. Oscar dumenyo says:

Amen!!!

13. FREDY JOSEPH says:

I surrender all my problems & pains to my god!

14. zeny says:

Hallelujah!.Be anxious for nothing is the best medicine!..Thank you JESUS for your amazing grace,Amen!…

15. David says:

I thank God for His mercy. I lost my job last year but because of His wonderful Grace we always get meals twice a day. I still need your prayers so that i can secure a job.

16. sandra says:

O thank U Jesus for Your great promises.Sometimes they sound too good to be true but they are all true.I’d forever trust in you!!

17. Chidi zuriel says:

My worries i give 2 u lord… Take control of these issues. Thank u father… In jesus name. Amen.

18. Thapelo Ngwato Makgwale says:

Thanks man for the Devo. And am sick right now need a prayer.(really sick)

19. Denis Murimi says:

Its so encouraging when God tells us not to worry, becouse that is another way of telling us that He has already answered our prayes. He tells us that he takes care of the birds of the air the fish of the seas and even the plants. then how much more will he take care of us his own children created in his image and likeness?

20. Michael Tobechi says:

Just want to appreciate u for dis ground breaking words.. More power to your elbow. Big thanks

21. SAVIOUR TETTEH says:

I CAST ALL MY WORRIES ON YOU LORD JESUS. I KNOW YOU CAN HANDLE THEM FOR ME.

22. ERNEST CHABVONGA says:

That I shuldnt wory about anything!Greatest news ever 2 the body of Christ.You are a blesng 2 my family and ministry brother Joseph

23. ERNEST CHABVONGA says:

Am wonderfully blesd by this grace revolution.thanx

24. Priya says:

after a ectopic pregnancy and a miscarriage, I’m very worried. I don’t want to be anxious anymore. God, I’m handing over all my sorrows and troubles to you. I know that you will make everything alright for me. I’m waiting for the time you have decided to be right for me to have a baby. God, Please help me carry my burden.

25. Ela says:

Thank you, Lord Jesus Christ! Thank you Prince Joseph! May we all receive God’s blessing! Thank you for opening our eyes and helping us get closer to Jesus! Love you!